Laksa is a traditionally Malaysian noodle soup which can also be found in other South East Asian countries.
Laksa flavours vary from region to region, and we’ve taken inspiration from Malaysian cuisine, where a stronger curry flavour is more common.
· 2 tbsp vegan laksa paste or Thai curry paste (make sure it’s vegan!)
· 1 tsp curry powder
· 1 litre vegetable broth
· 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
· 1-2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
· 1 tbsp brown sugar
· 225g rice noodles
· 12 pieces puffed tofu
· A handful of bok choy or other leafy greens
· Lime wedges
· Zucchini shreds
· Green onion, sliced
· Red onion shreds
· Fresh chilli, sliced
1. Cook rice noodles according to package instructions.
2. Prepare a large pot on medium-high heat and add the laksa paste or Thai curry paste and curry powder. Simmer for 30 seconds.
3. Add the broth, coconut milk, tamari and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the cooked noodles, puffed tofu and greens and bring to a boil for 5 more minutes.
5. Serve stopped with lime, zucchini, green onion, red onion and fresh chilli.