Tofu Puffs with Mushroom Sauce
Tofu puffs are a great ingredient in saucy stir fries! They absorb lots of sauce, enhancing the flavour and texture of any dish. This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover vegetables and can easily be customised!
· 2 cups water
· 2 tbsp vegan oyster mushroom sauce
· 1 tbsp vegan teriyaki sauce
· 2 tsp corn starch + 2 tsp water
· 250g tofu puffs
· 1 cup mushrooms of choice, sliced (We love wood ear mushrooms!)
· 1 cup green beans, diagonally sliced
· 1 carrot, thinly sliced
· 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
· 1 tbsp sesame oil
· 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
· 1 tsp grated ginger
· 1-2 fresh chillies, sliced (optional)
· Salt to taste
1. Heat a pan to medium-high heat.
2. Sauté the garlic, ginger, chilli and sesame oil.
3. Add the carrots, stir fry for about 3 minutes. Add the green beans and capsicum and stir fry for another 3 minutes. Finally add the mushrooms and stir fry for another 4-5 minutes, then to a container.
4. Next, combine all sauce ingredients except the corn starch in a small bowl. Create a corn starch slurry by corn starch with equal parts water in a separate bowl.
5. Add the sauce mixture to the pan, allowing it to heat for about a minute before adding the corn starch slurry. Cook until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
6. Add stir fried vegetables and tofu puffs back into the pan.
7. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until well combined.
8. Serve with rice or noodles and top with spring onions and sesame seeds if desired.